Protea Hotel is a leading hotel group that caters for every travelers’ needs, whether for business or leisure. Protea Hotel is recruiting for the position below:
Position: Maintenance Engineer
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for hotel guestroom preventative maintenance and assist in the repairs and maintenance of hotel equipment (especially mechanical equipment including pumps and motors).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner
2. Respond or perform duties of a groundskeeper
3. Complete work order requests in a timely manner
4. Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition
5. Inspect public areas daily for any issues
6. After hours on-call availability if an issue arises, available weekends
7. Conduct periodic pool testing
8. Provide maintenance repairs to guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices
9. Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, cooling, ventilation, furnishings and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light carpentry, door, window repairs etc
10. Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
Qualification and Experience:
1. Relevant working experience as a Hotel maintenance engineer or other notable construction/maintenance site engineer for a minimum of 5 years.
2. Capability to run the maintenance department/function of a hotel with little or no supervision.
3. Having wide knowledge in all areas of maintenance work – electrical, mechanical, civil, plumbing, building, etc.
4. Minimum qualification of Higher National Diploma(HND).
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail updated resumes to email@example.com
Only candidates with verifiable track record will be contacted.