POSITION:Crane Mechanic – APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
- B B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries is an advantage.
- Requires at least two to three years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel or manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as brakes, wire-ropes, trolley, gantry wheels, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, couplings, and so forth.
- Requires a good knowledge of repairs for cranes and RTGs & spreaders.
- Requires ability to interpret mechanical/hydraulic diagrams, service & parts manuals.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Valid Driver’s License.
• A truly international working environment in a modern working location.
• Value and team based leadership.
• A wide range of international career opportunities.
• An open and engaging working environment.
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth a dynamic environment.
• Competitive compensation packages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact request your staff card upon receipt of your application.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
This position is a local position, based in Apapa, Lagos and will remain posted until 2nd December 2011.