POSITION: Chief Accountant
- Directing and supervising the activities of the legal entity’s accounting function , and maintenance of its fiscal and financial records.
- Preparing and communicating periodic (monthly quarterly and year end) financial/management reports.
- Directing, supervising and training members of the local accounting team.
- Maintaining fixed asset management system records of capital assets including acquisitions, disposals, depreciation, amortization and related journal entries.
- Maintaining the inventory management system.
- Managing treasury functions, such as cash management and banking activities.
- Recommending changes and additions to accounting practices and processes in order to enhance efficiency and to comply with the requirements of the company Financial Standards.
- Maintaining a solid internal control environment with sound document retention/management practices and preparing periodic account reconciliation.
- Insuring periodic statutory and fiscal filings in compliance with local, regional and national regulations.
- Responding positively to internal and external financial/statutory audits.
- Liaising with external auditors, banking community, local authorities, advisors, and intercompany partners.
- Meeting collections and other quantitative and qualitative targets set by management.
- We seek a qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years in an audit or financial position in an international company. Prior experience from a Big Accounting firm and exposure to Nigerian tax system will be highly preferred. Expert knowledge of a major ERP system is required and SAP knowledge would be advantageous.
- You must demonstrate strong financial and analytical skills. In addition, you must have the capacity to convey confidence and demonstrate your ability to work under time pressure and ability to meet deadlines.
LOCATION: Lagos. Rotational status can be considered.
Reference : QIRO572391
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE