South Atlantic Petroleum is a key indigenous player in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry. it is seeking talented individuals with enthusiasm, drive and original ideas to maximize the value of its existing assets and pursue an ambitious expansion agenda and their by build up their career towards professionalism.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
GM Development and / or Project Director
• Plan and coordinate all activities in the project's life cycle, from the conceptual design, front end engineering, detailed engineering procurement, and construction to commissioning of oil and gas facilities.
• Ensure compliance of codes, standards, regulation and practices applicable to the design and construction of Onshore and Offshore production facilities (e.g API, ASME, ANSI, AGA, ISA, etc).
• Maintain close liaison with Company’s
• Country Management and Government Agencies.
• Coordinate project execution activities to ensure that projects are implemented within budget and schedule.
• Manage relationship with contractors, design and execute tendering exercises and ensure seamless interface between project personnel and service providers.
• Supervise and provide leadership to Engineers and Technical personnel within team.
• Minimum of 2nd Class Honors (upper division) University degree in an Engineering discipline. Must be registered/certified by a Professional Engineering Institution.
• Approximately 8 to 15 years experience in design and construction of oil and gas production facilities.
• Possess a good working understanding of the areas of process, mechanical, piping, structural, electrical and instrumentation engineering as they relate to onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities.
• Good knowledge of all aspects of project management of oil and gas projects from conceptual engineering to commissioning.
• Well organized and safety conscious individual.
• Good Project Management skills.
• Good Leadership and Supervisory skills.
• Good People Management and Relationship skills.
• Ability to speak French would be an advantage.
Method of Application
To apply, please send a letter describing your Interest in the position, your key attributes and the contribution you believe you can make in the role. Please attach a full CV with current salary information and submit to email@example.com
Application Deadline is 7th September 2010