JOB VACANCY: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
- University degree or equivalent in Civil/Water Engineering, hydrogeology or other related fields.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects in Nigeria.
- Experience in design and implementation of baseline studies, preferably in the water and sanitation or health sector, to generate data for eventual monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in the design, construction and supervision of water supply and sanitation projects in urban/semi-urban areas (small towns); - Experience with design and execution of environmental impact assessment for water and sanitation projects in urban and small towns (iv) experience with iterative and participatory planning methodology for community-based water supply and sanitation projects. (v) Experience with implementation of CLTS approach.
- Facilitate the process of selection of small towns.
- Design and supervise baseline studies in small towns
- Design (including the drafting of ToR for short-term expert(s)) and facilitate the conduct of environmental impact assessment in urban and small towns;
- Facilitate and participate in the participatory planning for small towns' water supply. Prepare reports of the process;
- Design and supervise surveys such as topographic and hydro-geological surveys.
- Design of water supply facilities in urban and small towns and facilitate supervision of construction works..
- Draft ToRs for studies and surveys (for detailed studies of urban water works, gender and water, customer enumeration, willingness to pay, etc)
- Facilitate the implementation of CLTS approach in small towns
- Develop and supervise the establishment of community/LGAs/State based M&E systems and their integration with the National M&E system.
- Data collection and report preparation.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for planning, designs, surveys, procurement, etc) within the Project Implementing Agencies and Project Recipient Agencies.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY