Google is busy setting up a presence in Africa, building an adventurous team to embark on a Safari to tackle the worlds’ second largest landmass. If you love adventure and making a difference, Google Africa is the place to be!
The Task: Country ManagerAs Country Manager, Nigeria, you'll be one of Google's regional leaders and a local spokesperson, representing the company in all of our major business development and partnership opportunities and serving as the voice of the Nigerian user at Google. You're a visionary and a leader with solid technical skills and experience in managing a variety of technical projects. Additionally, you're innovative, entrepreneurial and business-savvy. You bring a solid understanding of the country and region's information and technology communications ecosystem, and you'll quickly be able to recruit and manage a team. You have experience setting up or running an office and have managed teams successfully on complex, technical projects and strategic initiatives.
- Lead market development opportunities and execute major initiatives that correspond with the Google Africa strategy and are aligned with Google's mission, values and capabilities
- Optimize the local infrastructure by leading the company's technology-driven initiatives within the country and the region
- Localize core Google services and products to the local market and manage all aspects of product, ensuring that they are locally relevant and achieve established targets
- Provide superior technical oversight of local Google projects
- Work closely with the Google Kenya office to ensure resources are managed effectively, teams are aligned and East Africa initiatives are well-coordinated
- BA or BS degree in computer science preferred, advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in or with engineering and product management teams
- Experience working with telcos, ISPs and mobile operators
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, and experience with negotiating and partner management
- A thorough understanding of the Nigerian information and technology communications ecosystem, including backbone infrastructure, last-mile access and local content
- Understanding of marketing and operations, specifically having demonstrated the ability to successfully launch and scale products and services
- Ability to recruit and manage a world-class team