Friday, June 10, 2011
Jobs in Nigeria: Executive Assistant, GS 5
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-06-2011
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Deadline for application: 21 June 2011
• Completion of secondary education; proven shorthand and typing ability; through knowledge of modern office procedures; ability to operate word-processing equipment may be required. Knowledge of protocol.
• Five years progressive experience in administrative work which should have provided good knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
• Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of one or other UN working languages, an asset. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is desirable.
• Computer literacy with database management, knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing required.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organising skills.
• Good knowledge of administrative rules & regulations.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment is desirable.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values.
Tuesday, 21 June 2011
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the position and meet the requirements, please forward your application in a sealed envelope marked 'confidential' quoting the vacancy number addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager,
UNICEF, UN House,
Plot 617/618, Central Area District,
P.M.B 2851, Garki Abuja
by close of business on Tuesday, 21 June 2011.
Your application should include a completed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from here); your curriculum vitae with your current detailed contact information to include a telephone number & email address and a one-page summary statement that describes how your experience and qualification relate to the job description above.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.