With over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries, Maersk has the scope to help you achieve even your most ambitious career goals.
From shipping and energy to retail, our diversified activities enable us to offer attractive career paths for generalists and specialists alike.We are recruiting for the following positions
POSITION: Shift Manager
LOCATION: APM Terminals Apapa Lagos, Nigeria
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Require a University degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Require at least seven years or more of strong supervisory experience in container terminal operations environment or similar industry. Previous experience as a foreman, supervisor, superintendent or other similar position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Require a comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluates and resolves logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
- Have effective customer service skills.
- Provide leadership and ensure cooperation and support from employees and contractors in all areas of terminal operations to achieve operational objectives of the business using a teamwork approach.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counseling and listening skills.
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills. Also must have a working knowledge of Pidgin English.
- Have a current Driving License.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative solutions.
* A truly international working environment in a modern working location
* Value and team-based leadership
* An open and engaging working environment
* A wide range of international career opportunities
* Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
* Competitive compensation packages
HOW TO APPLY
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 30th September 2010.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will request your staff card upon receipt of your application.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE